Spring Cleaning & Home Improvement Tips
This morning, I caught my first glimpse of spring when I looked out my window and noticed a tree flowering with pink blossoms. I gasped in excitement knowing that the bitter winter cold will soon be behind us, but then I quickly realized that this also means something else, something not so fun and dandy as pink flowers are — spring cleaning.
The concept of spring cleaning has been around for centuries and usually means a complete, heavy-duty cleaning of your entire home. Cleaning and organizing your home top-to-bottom could be an overwhelming task, especially when the warm air is calling you outside but, with Memolink’s Spring Cleaning Checklist, you can breeze through your cleaning chores and still have time to enjoy the sunshine!
Here are a few cleaning tips and products from our Spring Cleaning Checklist to help you through spring cleaning this year:
1. Clean Carpets and Rugs: Bagless vacuum cleaners allow you to throw away the dirt any time you want. Clear, easy-to-clean cups let you see what you picked up before you dispose of it. Check out the Hoover Bagless Upright Vacuum from Grainger (48 points/$) on sale for just $246.95 until 4/30/15.
2. Dust Your Home Thoroughly: This includes hard-to-reach places like ceiling fans and window casings. One of my favorite products for dusting spots I can’t reach is the Swiffer 360 Dusters Extender Kit available at HSN for only $7 and earning 52 points/$ when you shop through Memolink!
3. Wash Windows Inside and Outside: Wipe down window sills. Take out screens and wash with a cleaning solution of 1 tbsp dish soap and 1/2 gallon water. Rinse thoroughly. For an easier solution, simply spray, wipe and rinse with the Windex 2-Pack Outdoor All-In-One Window Cleaner from Lowe’s (32 points/$).
4. Clean Closets: Empty bedroom & coat closets. Wash walls and floors if needed. Sort items as you return them to the closet. Wash or dry-clean out of season items before storing. Under the bed storage boxes are a tidy way to store out of season clothing and you can find a great Under-bed Storage Bag from Overstock.com earning 56 points/$ by shopping through Memolink.
5. Clean Your Toilets: Scrub inside and out. Remove seat and clean around seat bolts. Our recommendation to keep your toilet fresh for up to four months is to add these Bleach Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets from 2000 Flushes found for just $3.79 at Walgreens.com (80 points/$).
6. Deodorize & Kill Bacteria: Krud Kutter Cleaner & Disinfectant is a ready-to-use formula cleans and disinfects most hard surfaces while inhibiting the growth of mold and mildew. You can find this product at Grainger earning 48 points/$ on Memolink.
7. Reseal Grout Lines: The cement-based material used for grout is extremely porous and stains easily. Protect it by using a penetrating grout sealer. Need a good grout sealer? Check out this TileLab 6 oz. Grout Sealer from Home Depot (48 points/$).
8. Collect Trash & Debris: Cut down on the number of trips to the dumpster by using the 44-gallon Rubbermaid Utility Container designed with four built-in venting channels found at Grainger (48 points/$).
For more spring cleaning and home improvement tips, as well as point increases for shopping at our featured merchants, head over to Memolink’s Spring Cleaning & Home Improvement Checklist. Find the Memocode hidden within one of the pages to earn 10 bonus points. My advice, get your cleaning done early so you can have more time outside enjoying the fresh spring air!
Cashback on Memolink is provided in the form of Memolink points. Shop through Memolink, earn Memolink points and then redeem your points for cash back or gift cards. Cashback amounts frequently increase and decrease on Memolink.com. Please check Memolink.com for the current cashback & Memolink point rates.